Sign in to follow this  
SLWalker

Ad Astra's New Banner

Well, since I had some extra time, I refined and reworked our two most popular candidates.  If there's some influx of people who prefer the blue or the green, I'll go play with those, but right now these are definitely the two most popular.

So, here they are.  The smaller ones are the archive's header; the larger ones are the backgrounds for the forums.  Once I know which one we're going with, I'll start trying to work out the CSS for it.  Also, please feel free to tell me which you picked and why, if for no other reason than artistic curiosity.

Like them both but the fire is totally my pick. Not only does it have some red it it, look cool, but I find it the more "active" of the two. Clouds are nice to stare at in the sky but fire screams movement to me. Plus, it does look a lot like the Nexus, so obvious Trek tie in counts in it's favor.

And it has red in it, my favorite color, so it was bound to win. Nice work on both Steff! :)

Guest Guest

I've going for the orange cloud, it looks more mysterious like a nebula, whereas the fire one is too minimalist.

I, too voted for fire.  Something about cloud when I clicked on the enlarged version just made me think of the view from inside a huge, space alien creature's maw - kinda like the planet killer in 'Doomsday Machine.'  :o

I, too voted for fire.  Something about cloud when I clicked on the enlarged version just made me think of the view from inside a huge, space alien creature's maw - kinda like the planet killer in 'Doomsday Machine.'  :o

"On the third planet.."

"There is no third planet!"

"Don't you think I know that..?? There WAS!! But not anymore!!!"

I see the SOPA notice still, with old information, in place of a banner while on the forum...

got that too.

Also, not that it matters much, my email notifications aren't working. I mean I'm on here enough but usually it's what I rely on when I...well, am away :)

Okay, so Ad Astra has a new banner.  And I have to dust off some very dusty CSS skills. xD

I think she means she has to get the new banner up, not that the new banner is up guys. I'm not sure, but that's how I read it when I first saw it.

Yeah, no changes have been made, yet.  She's finalized the banner, but now the rest of the site has to match... otherwise, it'll be orange against purple.

MDg

I have to finish the theme, before we can put up the new banner. ;-)  That way, we still have this version of Astronomy for people to use if they prefer it.

Guest Guest

It's cool seeing this site change and expand into other areas... Facebook... Twitter...

Anyone who wants to use Cloud (for instance, for their new blogs!) may feel free to do so.  Credit is lovely, but not strictly necessary.

...and just to be CRUEL, the new theme?  Is so incredibly gorgeous.  I can't wait to finish it and give it to you fine people.