Welcome to Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive (Forums)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MDGarcia

ePub and Mobi Converter for Ad Astra

12 posts in this topic

Folks:

I stumbled onto this script at AppSpot that automatically converts FanFiction.net stories to eReader-compatible formats on-the-fly. I requested they add Ad Adstra and they agreed. I use my iPad to read a lot, and this makes things easier on me, now that I'm able to read everyone's stuff on the go!

http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com/

You will need to use a Google login to access it.

MDg

Thanks Mike, that looks fabulous!  I'm addicted to my Kindle, so being able to download and store stories there is a definite plus!

I've been away from here a while and I come back to find that this is now possible.  I use my Ipad too, and now I can read everyone's stuff when I don't have internet access.  Thanks Mike!

Good idea! My mother has a Kindle and she's reading some of my stories, so this could come in handy!

I tried it (you have to also load Calibre) even though I don't have a reader. I just wanted to see if I could make the files, what they would look like and how big they are, as I'm considering storing at least a few of them on my own site.

It's not difficult, once you get the hang of it.

Just a note, Calibre isn't required to use the web-based app. Only if you intend to use the Calibre plug-in. You can download on-the-fly EPUB/Mobi/etc directly from the site.

MDg

Mike, the last few times I've tried to access this, I've received the message:

Over Quota - This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later.

Yeah, so the site is not run by us, as I stated in the first post. It's run by a coder on Google Apps, and he's limited by the number of processes per day.

The best way to make ebooks is to download the plugin he coded for the Calibre application: http://calibre-ebook.com/

MDg

Wow, I made the mistake of looking up the most popular fanfic downloads on the ePub site. :blink: I had no idea there was that much interest in Twilight and Harry Potter slash!