Welcome to Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive (Forums)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MDGarcia

Site Outage: June 25-26, 2014

10 posts in this topic

Second verse, same as the first...

Once again, we were the victims of a malicious attack.  It took nearly 7 hours to work on the issue, and we had to bring the server down.  The lucky part is that we lost no data, just jumped about 25 minutes back, so it should've had minimal impact.   I'm at a loss as to how it happened, but I'm having someone smarter than I take a look at the server and perhaps he'll find something I missed.  Also, IPB support is getting involved for the forums side of things and they'll be poking around all day today and get back to me.

In the meantime, I had to refresh all of our files.

This outage affected the Archive, Forums, and Blogs only.  Email and Support were unaffected.

And now, I'm heading to sleep.

MDg

Additionally, after speaking with support, I will be enforcing password changes for all staff accounts.  Furthermore, if you haven't done so already, please change your email address password, especially if you're using Gmail or Hotmail.

Thanks.

MDg

Something about "malicious attack" that gets my hackles up like a guard dog. Good work MDG.

I changed the password the other week. I might do it again if needed.