Welcome to Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive (Forums)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SLWalker

Ad Astra Awards?

68 posts in this topic

Yeah.  I'd win hands down. :D

Who would want to win that award?! :D

Better yet, let's up the ante Rob;

Best Ad Astra Member Naked-Contestants must submit pictures of themselves, all natural, in order to be judged by their peers.

Photoshop is fully welcome (in fact, PLEASE USE IT!) 8)

Yeah.  I'd win hands down. :D

Who would want to win that award?! :D

Better yet, let's up the ante Rob;

Best Ad Astra Member Naked-Contestants must submit pictures of themselves, all natural, in order to be judged by their peers.

Photoshop is fully welcome (in fact, PLEASE USE IT!) 8)

Why stop at that? Character swimsuit contest! Both male and female can apply.

I don't need photoshop. ::snickers::

Buuuuut you would need it to put Mirror Scott in some swim trunks.  >:)

My first post in over a week...and I'm here to say....

beth would take it.  LOL

Needless to say, I will be sitting this one out.

We Cardassians...are a very modest people.

(DON'T let that bastard, Gul Dukat, fool you.  I don't care WHAT he told you...all of that is HIS problem.  >:( )

;)

Currently in the Round Robin, McGregor is doing his swimwear audition - minus the swim wear just his socks and umbrella! ;)

He's not likely to win but probably as little phased at the prospect as Beth! Betazoid modesty indeed!

It's a reward itself if you're in a category of the 'top tens' in the Ad Astra story archive. Second biggest series has my name to it, so I don't need any rewards. Besides what about winning challenges? Don't you get rewarded there?

We did a nominations thread a year or so ago, plus a really fun round robin where we took our characters out for an awards show evening.  It might be fun to revive something like that, what with all the new faces around here.

I'd like to necropost a bit on this topic and say that I really wish that we'd had a little more steam on this. Especially now that we're in July of 2012, and the story count is much larger than it was when this discussion began in 2009.

Does anyone have any interest in seeing this revived? I certainly do, especially now that we have an awards system that can facilitate it.

MDg

I would like to see it revived, too. I think there's a lot out there that isn't being seen, or is kinda lost in the shuffle because it's gotten older and other things have gotten in line ahead of it.

True. But I think if we were to announce it on the main site and then vote for it here on the forums, we'd get a lot of participation. People want to win :)

MDg

The only problem with it is coming up with categories and that. And I'd probably consider, given it's a few years later, breaking them up by years.

Categories shouldn't be too difficult, right? I thought you were considering length as a guideline? And then since we already have categories (TOS, ENT, TNG, DS9, etc), you can break it down for each one. In order to be considered, your story has to be posted within that category, therefore it's by the author's determination and not ours.

MDg

Would there be categories like best villain, best original species, best original character, that sort of thing?

If we did that, we'd have a billion awards. ::chuckles::