MDGarcia

Site Updates (Archive, Forums, Blogs, Email, etc)

Support Site: There was an issue with emails being sent to and from the support site, due to our email server invalidating our SMTP credentials.  This has been resolved and you should all be receiving emails on tickets as usual.  Apologies for the interruption in service.

MDg

Not really an update, but there was a massive issue with the Wordpress configuration right before Christmas regarding automatic updates; a critical file was missing from the upgrade and was preventing anyone from using certain plugins. This might've manifested in ways like Disqus not loading or Google Analytics not functioning; a plugin or two was likely affected. The issue has since been resolved, those of you who opened tickets received notification of this first, but I'm doing a general announcement for everyone, just in case there were those who didn't.

TL;DR - Apologies for the disruption in service, everything on the Wordpress site is back to full functionality.

MDg

An error that prevented people from entering categories, characters, and warnings appears to have been resolved with a private patch provided by the good folks at eFiction.org... if you submitted a story and were not able to add these tags during creation, I believe if you edit those stories now, they should now accept that input properly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  If you still encounter the problem, please open a support ticket.

MDg

I am in the middle of evaluating a software shift to a new support site for a fraction of the cost of our current one (trying to reduce some of our overhead). In looking at the number of tickets created last year, I think having a good/stable/useful support site is something all of you need from time to time, especially when things are dire or critical.

If you would like to take a look at the new site I'm working on, you can do so at:

http://aafic.freshdesk.com

If my evaluation is successful, it will be the new support.adastrafanfic.com.

MDg

You might notice that the Archive has a new popup on the side of the screen.  This is our new Emergency Fanfic Hologram (EFH) for the new support site.  The old script needed to be rewritten for this huge change in how we process new incidents for the site.

MDg