Welcome to Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive (Forums)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miranda Fave

To Boldly Read, Review and Discuss!

10 posts in this topic

Announcing the first ever Boldly Reading Book Club.

In order to encourage considerably more in-depth reviewing and a give and take discussion between the writer and readers, we have devised the Ad Astra Book Club, called Boldly Reading. Every month, we’re going to showcase a work by one of our own fine authors.  Works can be short or long, or even in progress.

We invite you to take part, to read, review, re-review if needs be, and to come participate in some interesting discussion. To kick us off, we have have Book Club Choice #1 blog posted up with a discussion thread ready in the wings.

Get Reading, Get Reviewing and Get Ready for Discussion.

Nice choice for the first selection.  It's one I haven't read, and I'm looking forward to it, especially after reading your commentary on it.  This is going to be fun!  (And also scary -- because I'm imagining people dissecting my stuff like this and while it's thrilling, it also gives me cold, cold feet.)

I know what I'm doing this weekend ... not much of a literary critic, don't expect anything mind blowing from me. But looking forward to this all the same.

So when is the first book going to be selected? Do we review one book at a time or a bunch of them together?

Book has been selected. It's all there in the blog post. Book Club Choice #1

Read that book. Review or in this case re-review. And discussion thread opens on Sunday but feel free to comment on the blog too.

Great story, read it and ready to join the analyzing.

Interesting choice for an opener but we all know you can't go far wrong with a Jespah story ;) 

Interesting choice for an opener but we all know you can't go far wrong with a Jespah story ;)

Shniff I'm out of likes today so I am giving out mushy hugs instead.