Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDGarcia

Welcome to the New Forums!

You may have noticed that the forums look a little different.

At around 7am this morning, the integrity of the forums database was compromised and we were forced to restore from a backup. Luckily, a nightly backup was run and we lost no data. This forced my hand some, as it was only a matter of time before it would happen again, and most likely occuring while I was away. The restore still placed us in a straddled state with the SMF software.

To that end, I made the decision to purchase the IPB software as previous stated in the fundraising section to preserve the forums. Steff wasn't consulted on this decision, but I think she would agree that we had little choice. I'm willing to eat the cost at this point, since the purchase has been made.

Some changes as a result of converting over to this new software:

1) Some of you may notice your avatar is missing. This was unavoidable. You will need to restore your avatar.

2) Some members may also notice their signature is looking weird. You will need to change it.

3) Some attachments to posts did not make it. Sorry.

4) Ranks are not yet online; they will be as soon as possible.

5) Posts with polls did not survive... they are regular posts, I'm afraid. This includes the monthly challenge archive.

Until Steff has a chance to build a new skin for the site, we're stuck with the default one for now.

Thank you for your patience.

MDg

Guest Guest

Eek. I will go hunting around re avatar, etc. I'm not even so sure I still have the BT puppy but I have another pic I can use.

Thanks for doing this.

Guest Guest

Wow! All change here! Thanks MDg for keeping these forums alive. My avatar seems fine and may I also say everything looks more user friendly!

p.s. My signiture and links seem fine as well!

Guest Guest

I say...what a difference...will take a little while to get used to it. My thanks MdG and Steff considering the circumstances

Oh, interesting! o.O

Mike, thanks for saving the forums. I want to help you out with the cost of this, but this month is very bad timing. I'll try to send something your way in August.

(I feel terrible for poor Steff ... after she JUST worked so hard on the new theme!)

A quick update. Rank images have been restored, and the post counts per rank are also changed a bit. You may see a reduction in rank from where you were pre-conversion. It's because I forgot what the post settings were on the old site, and those didn't copy over.

MDg

My avatar appears to have survived as well! Nice save with the forums. I'm also kind of pleased that this new site has a neat mobile version for Apple products, since I'm mobile a lot.

I noticed the Apple iOS app and downloaded it. I'm not sure about you, but it crashes quite a bit when I get done loading long threads like this one.

MDg

I like the green accents sprinkled within; it makes for a good contrast to the orange and yellow.

This theme was a premium one, and the color can change if you want it to. Up in the right-hand corner, you should see a little multi-colored box next to "Calendar." If you select it with your mouse, you'll be able to choose a different color and it will only show up for yourself. Everyone else who cares not, will see the default color.

I'm all about the options.

MDg

I noticed the Apple iOS app and downloaded it. I'm not sure about you, but it crashes quite a bit when I get done loading long threads like this one.

MDg

Is that so? I haven't had that problem, yet. Of course, I'm not using the actual app, just the mobile site, on Safari, so that could be it.

You can now login with Facebook/Twitter, or add them to your current accounts for easy login and linking.

MDg

Neato! I'll link those, now...

Is that so? I haven't had that problem, yet. Of course, I'm not using the actual app, just the mobile site, on Safari, so that could be it.

Ah, I should probably try just the Safari interface, then. Yeah, the app is worthless. It crashes and has poor reviews in the App Store.

MDg

This theme was a premium one, and the color can change if you want it to. Up in the right-hand corner, you should see a little multi-colored box next to "Calendar." If you select it with your mouse, you'll be able to choose a different color and it will only show up for yourself. Everyone else who cares not, will see the default color.

I'm all about the options.

MDg

Funkay!