Welcome to Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive (Forums)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MDGarcia

Site Outage: August 26, 2014

4 posts in this topic

The forums got hacked, but it affected the main archive and the blogs.  I had to restore from the afternoon's backup, which means we lost roughly 6 hours of data.  Everything is back online, and looks like I need a new tactic in staving off people attacking the site.

MDg

*Why* are people hacking/attacking us?  We just seem like such an odd target.

I'm assuming that we're a soft target for novice hackers to cut their teeth on, or because we run a commerce package with our site that someone's looking for credit card information.  Of course, we don't process CCs on our site, we use PayPal for that.  It doesn't stop them from trying.  Whenever you come to the forums and see a blank page, that's when you know we've likely been hacked. :)

MDg