Welcome to Ad Astra Star Trek Fanfiction Archive (Forums)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MDGarcia

Site Outage: June 21, 2014

8 posts in this topic

Last night, one of the other sites we host was running software that was insecure.  As a result, all of the other sites on the server were affected since it used an exploit to attack every other virtual directory, including the Archives, the Blogs, and the Forums.

We reverted to our nightly backup, which lost about 3 hours of data (roughly 7pm PDT / 10pm EDT).  If you made any changes, posted any new stories or chapters after that time, they were lost as we reverted back to the previous good copy.

I have summarily shut down the offending site and we will no longer be allowing that software to be run on this server again.

If you experience any issues, please open a support ticket.

MDg

Thanks for everything you do, Mike.

Thank you for all you do Mike. We all appreciate all the work you put into the site. 

You rock, Mike!  Thanks for saving our bacon (and stories) yet again. :)

Also, I couldn't believe the speed of your response to my support ticket. Like, it was morning here so that surely had to be night time for you and yet you were on it in minutes. Again, much thanks and appreciation for all your wizardry.