Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDGarcia

Site Outage: June 13, 2014

Ironically occurring during the Give me a Cookie week, the web server for Ad Astra went down at around 2am PDT this morning and was corrected when I restarted the service when I woke up at around 8:30am PDT.  The following sites were affected:

- Archives

- Blogs

- Forums

Probable Cause: It looks like we're getting pretty popular, because the site reached its MaxClients limit and then shut down when it couldn't handle anymore.  Also, we're a little overdue for regular maintenance (since I've been traveling nonstop from February), so I'll be shutting the site down at the end of the month to do a massive overhaul and expand capacity (upgrade hardware).  Be on the look out for a notice.

MDg

Woke up to the site being unavailable, and emails from concerned members who made me realize it wasn't just a problem on my end.  As usual, kudos to our intrepid IT guy (read Mike) for fixing the problem and for getting a plan in place to address the issue so it doesn't happen again in the future.  Not saying the site won't ever go down again, but at least this one problem area will be addressed.  Thanks, Mike for always being there to save our bacon.:D