Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLWalker

Ad Astra Awards?

All right.  Is anyone interested in Ad Astra running its own annual awards?  This year's would be 'short', since I'd want to do this in July/August, so we're not clashing with the ASC Awards, but I wanted to toss the idea out there.

Any suggestions on how to organize them?  By category, series, length?  Genre?  Any and all ideas welcome.

::pokes::  Anyone?

It's an excellent idea. 

I would do a disservice to you all, however, if I took the responsibility.  Knowing the volatility of my work schedule, it would not be a very nice thing to do to the rest of you.  :-\

No need, we can run it.  I just wanted suggestions on how people think they'd be best set up.

Okay, finding a way to break these up (given that some sections have many long tales, some don't, etc) is kind of crazy.  Here's a list of potential categories so far:

Novel - 50,000+, Completed

Absolute Horizon by Anna Amuse

Geometries of Chance by Gibraltar

On the Nature of Wind by SLWatson

Prophets and Loss by Gibraltar

Seventeen Things that Might Have Happened to Q by Alara Rogers

Star Trek Chronicles: Book One by Trekfan

Star Trek: Heritage - Book One: A Break with Tradition by Terilynn

Star Trek: Retribution by Terilynn

U.S.S. Accipiter: Buried History by Miranda Fave

Novella - 20,000 - 50,000, Completed

Expanding the Oecumene by Anna Amuse

Lost by Lil Black Dog

In Pursuit of Justice by Rocky

Remnants by Mistral

The Fracture - U.S.S. Seleya by Mistral

Backup by Gibraltar

Embers of the Fire by Gibraltar

Star Crossed by CeJay

Novelette - 10,000 to 20,000, Completed

Learning to Be by Anna Amuse

The Crash  by Anna Amuse

History Lessons by Terilynn

Star Trek HQ: Episode 1: How Near Infinity, How Far by Samuel Pengraff

Star Trek HQ: Episode 2: In Times of Trust by Samuel Pengraff

Star Trek HQ : Episode 3 : The Road to V’Halem by Samuel Pengraff

Star Trek HQ : Episode 4 : Homunculus by Samuel Pengraff

Cardassian Courtship by Lady Drace

First Born Son by Alara Rogers

Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace by SLWatson

The Face of the Smiling Vulcan by mdgarcia

Agamemnon by mdgarcia

Dallas by mdgarcia

Eternal Midnight by mdgarcia

Lost at Home by Mistral

Milk Run by mdgarcia

The Better Part of Valor by mdgarcia

The Long Road by Gibraltar

U.S.S. Seleya - Frail Blood by Mistral

The rest are gonna be much harder.  Comments, suggestions?  On this or on the shorter stories that make up most of the archive?

ETA: May change how the novelette pans out word wise.

Going by series would be a possibility, but I'm curious...do we have enough of the romance genre (both het and slash) to give that a category and award of its own?  Are there any other genres we've got enough to form subcategories from?

Also, will the Meta material be eligible?  There's some DAMN good stuff there...

Going by series would be a possibility, but I'm curious...do we have enough of the romance genre (both het and slash) to give that a category and award of its own?  Are there any other genres we've got enough to form subcategories from?

Also, will the Meta material be eligible?  There's some DAMN good stuff there...

Why would it need its own category? ::blinks::

I looked at what the ASC Awards were like, and I thought that was a standard division as far as fanfic awards are concerned.  Meta and possibly comedy stand out as the other categories that could be broken out on their own.  I'm not entirely sure about others, though, given that we don't have as much on this site as they do over there...

I looked at what the ASC Awards were like, and I thought that was a standard division as far as fanfic awards are concerned.  Meta and possibly comedy stand out as the other categories that could be broken out on their own.  I'm not entirely sure about others, though, given that we don't have as much on this site as they do over there...

LOL!  We're not the ASC, though.