Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLWalker

It is our pleasure to announce...

...something that has been long in coming.

As of today, Ad Astra denizens, you have a new administrator.  He has been faithful, diligent, hard-working, and honest.  He has also brought you countless smiles, more reviews than you can shake a forest of sticks at, and on top of all that, his own writing and stable of characters.  He's been around forever as your local deputy admin, a job he's performed beautifully.  Mike and I agree, it's time.

Now, he's not a deputy anymore.

Congratulations, MirandaFave.  You're now a full admin.

And since we promoted Miranda, that leaves us a deputy down.  Obviously, given how rowdy you all are (xD), this can't be allowed.  So, the consensus came down to one person who has been exceedingly active, has taken more monthly challenge awards than anyone else, who has been a great writer and reader both... lil black dog!  From now on, she is your new deputy admin.

Congratulations, lil black dog!

On a personal note, I'm so proud of both of you, and to have you here.  Thank you, for all you've done.

::blushes profusely::  It's all the great people here that make it such a pleasure to read, write and review, as well as participate in the forums.  And congrats to MF - he's definitely deserving.  I know on a personal note his reviews and free write prompts have inspired me to do things I didn't think I was able to do.  Hat's off to MF, and our other great admins - Steff, Mike and kes7.  You've all worked tirelessly to make this a fun place to hang out. :D

Oh my! Blushes profusely too. Wow, this is a surprise. And honestly, I'm so delighted and chuffed by the gesture. Thanking you Steff and Mike. I was more than happy as deputy (kinda imagined myself as part of a wild west thing really). It's an honest joy to be a part of this forum and I've been only too delighted to try and lend a helping hand where I could. The members are what makes this place a joy to be a part of, whether reading and reviewing stories or simply bowled over by their responses each time to challenges and prompts, their creativity and generosity of spirit is inspiring in itself. 

I'm also thrilled to see lil black dog become deputy dog (this shall be your name now and forever more) - really deserving and always she has the interests of the people and the site at heart.

Again, thank you Steff and Mike. You guys do so much behind the scenes that doesn't get seen and deserve for your praises to be sung from the roof. Now, let me run out the front and check is the new Jaguar there ... oh ... no not yet. (I do get a driver too, yes?) ;)

I'm also thrilled to see lil black dog become deputy dog (this shall be your name now and forever more) - really deserving and always she has the interests of the people and the site at heart.

Again, thank you Steff and Mike. You guys do so much behind the scenes that doesn't get seen and deserve for your praises to be sung from the roof. Now, let me run out the front and check is the new Jaguar there ... oh ... no not yet. (I do get a driver too, yes?) ;)

LOL!!  I was looking for a FB name, maybe that'll be it.

Wait?  What?  Is that a new pair of roller skates in the driveway?  No Jag for deputies, it seems... ;)

Thanks, guys.  It's really all of you that make me love this site and want to contribute somehow.

This is bittersweet, though, for the memorial service for the family friend who passed is later today.  Not so much a memorial as a party, for that's what Gus wanted.  The idea of people standing around weeping over his body was unsettling to him, so he told his wife he wanted a party, a celebration of life, and that's what she is doing.  I suspect most people in this small town where I live will be there, because Gus was one of those amazing souls that touched everyone he came in contact with.  He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten...